The following specifications are for digital, dynamic campaigns to be delivered in HTML.
Standard playtime is 10 seconds, but this can vary. Please verify ad length in your order confirmation.
Maximum of 25 frames/second.
Minimum 10 working days before campaign starts.
The solution should be as light as possible in regards to KB.
Delivery format: URL. URL per motive must be delivered to Clear Channel. If more than one motive, description about how the solution is supposed to look, must be delivered with the URLs.
The solution should also be able to function offline and use a cache function. In this way you don’t need millisecond-quick answers since 3G/4G coverage may vary in different environment.
The HTML document is pre-loaded into the memory of the player a few seconds before the solution is shown on a monitor. Any animations will start when pre-load starts.
To pause animations until it’s played, use instructions on this page: https://docs.broadsign.com/broadsign-control/14-0/broadsignplay.html This functionality is not mandatory to use. Using the functionality described in the link , will make the page look faulty in any browser, but will play correct in our playback system.
Please take this into consideration:
Browser version and resolution
- Browser: Chromium version 80. The campaign should be produced within the limits of functionality of Chromium version 80.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee functionality if other Chromium versions are used.
- The connection is via 4G. In order to make sure that the connection is enough (e.g for streaming) we always need to try the material on selected places where the campaign will run.
- Resolution: 1920×1080, 1260×720, 1024×576, 640×352, 568×320, 568x320px and 1440×810. Please check the bought areas.
A dynamic HTML campaign should consume an average of 0,5 MB per displayed slot over a 24 hour period. If this consumption is exceeded, Clear Channel reserves the right to paus the campaign.
Tips to reduce your data usage for your campaign are:
- Refrain from using cache busters
- Compress media files
- Add http headers for Cache-Control: public, max-age=31536000
- Let service workers manage traffic (e.g. workbox with cache only strategy & use Cache API to add media to the cache)
- Serve media without ranges, http headers: Accept-Ranges: none
Please feel free to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding html solutions.